Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i start accomplishing things in life?

well, im in college, this is my 4th year.





but i feel so underaccomplished.


People always say, that you can do whatever you put your mind to.


I'm not sure how much truth is behind that, but I've attempted at things.





I don't have as much confidence as I should, and I'm quite a negative person as well. I'm getting counseling for it starting next week, but these negativity issues have caused me to lose quite a few close friends. And on top of this, Im an introvert, so dont really have any friends aside from them. so now im lonely.





i clearly have to move on. But i want to be happy with my life as well.





I live a pretty good life in terms of having things I need and being provided for and having a good family.





but other than that, my life sucks. all I have is a few acquaintances. And I can never acheive or maintain a *closeness* with people. Most people wont go any further with me than just being an acquaintance or a classmate. i dont really have anybody whose close enough where they call me on the phone or see how im doing or anything. im just pretty much a loner.





ive tried to connect with people. but theres never closeness. i sort of feel as if im not important to anyone but family and probably will always be this way.





what advice would you give to someone like me?


how can I start accomplishing things and become someone worth caring about??How can i start accomplishing things in life?
I hope that the upcoming counseling will help you stop calling yourself, and thinking of yourself as a ';loser';. The power of the mind is incredibly strong - you will BE what you believe you will be.





There has got to be some activity, craft, or hobby that you enjoy - one that makes you happy. If you can honestly say ';No, I can't think of any';, then you really need to start exploring some new things to find that something special that you can enjoy and become good at -- photography, writing, painting - SOMETHING. As you get involved in your activity, you will be around people with like interests. You will feel better about yourself when you feel like you have done something well that you enjoy.


Breaking out of the negative thinking will be hard, but you have got to come up with ways of stopping and correcting those thoughts. It is your most important goal right now in my opinion.


No one wants to be around someone negative who saps the fun out of everything, and right now, you are kind of that person - you don't enjoy even being with yourself!


Know that you CAN change this, and it needs to be something you set your mind to doing. You can achieve anything positive that you set your mind to - you honestly can.


Good Luck - stay in counseling for a while, OK?How can i start accomplishing things in life?
don't bother. it's all downhill after you come out of college.
let's be friends
I really think you'll find the counselling very useful to go over this with someone. It is great that you have a solid family because this will actually prepare you well for building relationships in life.





You really ask two questions here; you talk about wanting to accomplish things, and wanting to connect with people.


I would say you are on the road to great accomplishments, keep going with your education and get involved with any extra-curricular activities that interest you - actually a way in to meet more people too. This might be college media projects, sports or something else.





Sit down and write a list of where you were, where you are now, and where you want to be.... make some aims from that! But reflect on what has gone before to bring you to this point. This may be a good start to reintroduce some positive attitude and self-praise into your life.





Good luck - you have a great journey ahead of you :) PS: people in their 50s wonder when they are going to accomplish anything/have meaningful friendships, so the fact you are addressing this now just shows how accomplished you are already!!

No comments:

Post a Comment