Friday, August 20, 2010

Advice: How to tell your parents you want to move out.?

I am 20 year old university student and have been going out with my boyfriend for over 2 years now, he's 25. We are very much in love and are very happy together.





However, my parents aren't at all happy with the relationship, my father especially. After spending the weekend at his, when I come he often ignores me for a few nights or says some snide comments about my whereabouts. I have tried to speak to him about it in a mature way, asking what his problem is why isn't he happy and hopefully I could put his mind at rest. He is a very passionate man and quite irrational but I think this really constitutes a level head.





A factor that has effected their relationship is religion, I am Catholic and my partner is Protestant.





I want to move out with him, I feel that we have progressed far enough into the relationship. The thing is, I don't want to tell my parents, my father especially as I don't think I could bear to disappoint them further. My sister has moved out with her boyfriend (she was 20) and my father often speaks about her when she isn't there saying it's a disgrace to the family, what others must think and well, basically she's a bit of a tramp...


Any advice on handling the situation? I don't want to lose my parents but I also want to live my own life?Advice: How to tell your parents you want to move out.?
forgive the harshness of this answer but.... you are obviously not Catholic as living together outside of marriage is against he Catholic teachings. you would probably be better off changing to your bf's more liberal denomination. this way your parents wouldn't worry even more about you attending mass/Communion with the sin of living together.





again, i know that sounds hard - forgive me but i don't know any other way to put it.Advice: How to tell your parents you want to move out.?
Just be brave and break the news. Its going to happen and proscinating will not make it easier. Since your sister already has done it maybe it won't be so hard for you. Just say you want to be independant, and take the responsibility of taking care of yourself. Its really a good thing if you can do it, you have a job and can pay the bills, the responsiblity is huge he should be proud. Good Luck!
explain to your parent how much you care for them and all


ways will no matter what.But you love your partner and


want to move in with him.


Catholic or Protestant should not matter tell him


Christians all worship the same God which some seem


to forget only in different ways.


Marysia should not make comments she knows nothing about


as all churches have the same belief no sex before marriage


God tells us we are all sinners Jesus only came to save the


sinners and we must never judge other people or we will be


judged ourselves. God knows we are only human he knows what


each one is going to do before we do it.


You are of age to live your life how you wish the choice is yours


and who your partner is.If you intend to marry later then explain


that to you father. At the end of the day you have to live with the person you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment