Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do you get your mind to let go of someone? I need psychotherapY! ?

What if you have someone that you generally should NOT be thinking about on your mind a lot. How do you stop thinking about that person? The person is inevitably in my life, even though I only see him on average once a month, people in my everydday life bring him up in conversation. I used to have a non-serious thing with him, 4 years ago. Don't anymore. I was over it for a long time, and about a year ago I started having feelings resurface. Now this guy is not someone I should be thinking about or with. Lets just say it wasnt forbidden then, but is forbidden now. How do i get him out of my mind? I cant MOVE away or anything, and like i said these thoughts and dreams and feelings for him have been on and off for a year.....! I am attracted to him and yet I dislike him at the same time!





Weird I know. I guess my question is: How do you convince your mind to let go of something that wasn't meant to be?How do you get your mind to let go of someone? I need psychotherapY! ?
I'm sorry to say this, but you can't FORCE your mind to forget something, because by forcing it, you make it remember what you're trying to forget. Get it?





Now, you can try just meeting new people, of course, NOT with the interest of being with them, that would only make matters worse for you (and for this third person involved). You don't want to hurt someone else's feelings.





Good thing is, you won't have this guy on your mind forever (it just seems like you will for now). If he's unavailable to be with you, please consider not pursuing your feelings, avoid him when you see him, if he's with someone else, please spare that person's feelings and don't provoke a situation where there could be three broken hearts.





Hard to believe, but you'll get over him, it just takes some time, specially if you try to forget, something that's in your memory, it's there until it gets stored away, which happens when you're not even aware of it.





So just, take your time, change your routine a bit (since you can't move) get different hobbies and spend more time with friends. You'll see that things will ease up soon.





How do you get your mind to let go of someone? I need psychotherapY! ?
dont convince your self at all. it's just really impossible to just let go of something you really want or else just pretend.





it's not worth the try, you cant control your feelings but you can control your mind. being with him or being away from him is something you can contol, so i think that's the best you can do for now.=)
hi

No comments:

Post a Comment