Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Your favorite ';The Host'; by Stephenie Meyer scene or quote?

';You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me.';





';Don't worry, Mel. Miracles don't work that way. I'll never lose you. I'll never let you get away from me.';





';Does he not feel the fire between his body %26amp; mine? Is that all me? How can it be all me? It feels like a flat sun trapped between us – pressed like a flower between the pages of a thick book, burning the paper.';





';Get your mind out of the gutter.';


';/It's your mind./';





“With Ian it was different, so very different, because Melanie didn’t love him the way I did. So when he touched me, it was deeper and slower than the wildfire, like the flow of molten rock far beneath the surface of the Earth. Too deep to feel the heat of it, but it moved inexorably, changing the very foundations of the world with its advance.';





';I held you in my hand, Wanderer. And you were so beautiful.';





';Jared is my past, another life. You are my present.';


';And your future, if you want that.';


';Yes, please.';





';Who's got the crush on a worm, bro? You going to call me stupid?';





';Jealous, O'Shea?';


';Actually... I am. Surprisingly so.';





';Eight full lives, eight full lives and I never found anyone I would stay on a planet for, anyone I would follow when they left. I never found a partner. Why now? Why you? You're not one of my species. How can you be my partner?';


';It's a strange universe.';





';I love you.';


';Don't say that like you're saying goodbye.';


';I, the soul called Wanderer, love you, human Ian. And that will never change, no matter what I might become. If I were a Dolphin or a Bear or a Flower, it wouldn't matter. I will always love you, always remember you. You will be my only partner.';





';Something I've never seen in all my lives. I'm staring at... hope.';





';I have to go, Sunny, just like you. I have to give my body back, too.';


And then, flat and hard from right behind us, Ian's voice broke the quiet like the crack of a whip.


';What?';





';I am female,'; I complained. ';That 'it' business is really getting on my nerves.';


';Because of the body you wear?';


';Because of me,'; I hissed


';By whose definiton?';


';How about yours? In my species, I am the one that bears young. Is that not female enough for you?';





';Feisty for a peace-loving body snatcher, aren't you?';





“Aw, hell![…] It didn’t fall!”


Jared lunged forward, away from me. With a loud smacking sound. His fist hit Kyle’s face.


Kyle’s eyes rolled back in his head, and his mouth fell slack.


[…]


“Um,” Doc said in a mild voice, “medically speaking, I’m not sure that was the most helpful thing for his condition.”


“But I feel better,” Jared answered, sullen.





“Fine.” Jared snapped. “But if you try cuddling up to me tonight… so help me, O’Shea.”


Ian chuckled. “Not to sound overly arrogant, but to be perfectly honest, Jared, were I so inclined, I think I could do better.”





';That's just great,'; someone said under his breath. ';We've got a bloody queen mother alien living with us. She could blow into a million new buggers at any moment.';





';My name is Eustace; it's a family name and my parents were cruel people.';





';The universe will be a darker place without you,'; he whispered.





-';Wanda?'; Kyle asked.


';Yes?';


';I'm sorry.';


';Um...why?';


';For trying to kill you,'; he said casually. ';Guess I was wrong.';


Ian gasped. ';Please tell me you have some kind of recording device availiable, Doc.';





';I should have killed him years ago. No, our mother should have drowned him at birth!';





';He's still fuming about his nose,'; Ian said. ';Oh, well --it's not the first time it's been broken. I'll tell him you said you were sorry.';


';I'm not.';


';I know. No one is ever sorry for hitting Kyle.';





';Her name is Wanda, not it. You will not touch her. Any mark you leave on her, I will double on your worthless hide.';





';Listen up, Wanda. I know exactly what you don't want to be. But we're human, and we're selfish, and we don't always do the right thing. We aren't going to let you go. Deal with it.';





'; 'Oh, go ahead,' Mel sighed. 'Do whatever you need to. I'll...step into the other room.' ';





';Jeb. Listen to me carefully, Jeb. I am tired of being a parasite. Can you understand that? Do you think I wan to go into another body and have this start all over again? Do I have to feel guilty forever for taking someone's life from them? Do I have to have someone else hate me? I'm barely a soul anymore- I love you brutish humans too much. It's wrong for me to be here, and I hate that feeling.';





'He's right.


Nobody asked you.'


Jared spoke up ';Wanda, what does Mel say?';


'Ha. Mel said.'








I got carried away. Sorry.





http://www.twilightlexiconforum.com/view…Your favorite ';The Host'; by Stephenie Meyer scene or quote?
';I love you.';


';Don't say that like you're saying goodbye.';


';I, the soul called Wanderer, love you, human Ian. And that will never change, no matter what I might become. If I were a Dolphin or a Bear or a Flower, it wouldn't matter. I will always love you, always remember you. You will be my only partner.';








I love that book :)


♥Your favorite ';The Host'; by Stephenie Meyer scene or quote?
DAMMMM u got alot of stuff to say
i absolutely LOVE the scene where wanda and ian are together telling each other how much the love one another. and they kiss, and how wanda describes how it's like molten lava. %26lt;3. i love it!



Fine, Jared snapped. But if you try cuddling up to me tonight...... so help me, O’Shea


Ian chuckled, Not to sound overly arrogant, but to be perfectly honest, Jared, were I so inclined, I think I could do better.





I like a lot more but you reminded me of my favorite funny quote from the book.
My favourite is when Ian explains why he loves Wanda. ';It's not the face, but the expressions on it...'; I think it's wonderful and I love Ian. (:
i loveedd the ending.


the first quote + scene.


when jared and wanda make out.








great book =]

No comments:

Post a Comment