Friday, August 20, 2010

Should i continue writing this book?

i have pasted the first chapter of an unpublished book i am writing and am want to hear your opinion.





Shift





Intro


I am different. I am not normal. i can move things with my mind. i can control another’s thoughts. i can jump thirty five times as high as a person and run 3 times faster. i look the same as every one else, but i am not. my mind is more detailed, masterful and strong. i can predict another’s actions and make a plan to beat them before they even make their first move. My name, Kira. This is my story. This is my struggle.





Chapter 1


Katsu


Tic tock tick tock tick tock.


I focus on the clock and shift my hand ever so slightly to the right.


Brrrrrrrrrrrrrring.


School is over.


I get up from my seat and scoop up my books in one swift movement and i slide out the door. As i walk down the busy hall with the ugly blue lockers and stained white walls i discreetly twist my hand that is dangling down at my side far left then slightly right and then far left again. Then i jerk my hand up and my locker opens right when i arrive. I notice a boy, James, watching me.


I turn to face him and i ask “why are you starring at me?”


“oh um sorry i was um... just wondering if we could walk home together. Your house is on the way home to mine and I could carry your books if you want.” said James with a hopeful look on his face.


I was about to say sure but then i noticed something moving in a bush through a window that across the hall from my locker. I must go see what that is. Alone.


“um sorry james but I'm going to haft to pass but maybe some other time” i said trying to be gentle


“oh ya thats ok i understand maybe some other tome” he said with all his hope lost.


“James” i said


“ya” he replied


“do you want to eat lunch together tomorrow?” i asked. i was not really feeling sorry for him. i just know how much he wants to spend time with me.


“i would like that a lot Kira” he said and i could see the hope flood back into is eyes, face and spirit.


I slide my books in my locker, remembering the movement in the bush and i quickly close my locker door and walked in a hurry across the hall. I went through the front exit, swiftly moving down the pale concrete steps and over in front of the window across from my locker. i see eyes peering skittishly out into the bright world and i stare deeply into it’s eye’s and think come out i am of no harm to you. I see a two feet sticking out of the bush, one black one white. i realize it is a cat a quickly reach into the bush, scoop the kitten up and i ran into the trees. Luckily it’s warm here in Florida all year round so the little guy would not have frozen in the night if i had not found him.


Once i was far enough away from anyone i set the kitten down and got a good look at it. The cat was half white half black with a perfect split down the middle. She, by the looks of it, had one green eye on the black side and one blue eye on the white side. She was beautiful and so i decided i shall take her home and call her Katsu meaning split in japanese.


I knew Katsu would be hungry so i unzipped my backpack and moved some books around. Then i picked her up and placed her in. Without even a whine she sat in my backpack as still as a stone as i zipped it up three fourths of the way so Katsu could get some air.


The local pet-store was at least 7 miles away so i made sure my backpack was secure and and i started running. The trees flew past like i was in a car and i wasn’t even out of breath. In fact and wasn’t even tired.


i arrived at the forest behind the pet store within minutes and stop abruptly, looked around for any pedestrians and seeing that the cost was clear i strolled out from behind the pet store and walked along the sidewalk the leads to many other stores along this strip mall. i turned to my left and pushed open the stores front door trying to look like a normal 7th grader.


I walked straight to the back of the store where the food is trying to look calm. I walked right past the dog food and started to look for the cat food. Their where many options from $1 a can wet food to $4 dollar large bag of dry food. i decided on the cheap food for now so i can make my savings stretch. Luckily i had not eaten lunch today due to sloppy joe Wednesday so i had $5 in my pocket. I walked over to the checkout carrying my large bag of cat food and dropped it on to the counter. The woman at the checkout counter gave me a strange look but asked no questions. The total was $4.24 witch is just about what i spend on lunch so my mom will not be suspicious.


∆ ∆ ∆


With Katsu still in my backpack and her cat food in my arms i snuck past the front windows of my house and started to walk into the backyard. My mom might be home but sometimes she gets off work at the hospital late when they are short of nurses.Should i continue writing this book?
oh yes u should keep going make like 20 something chapters it was good, then very beginning made me think of the movie PUSHShould i continue writing this book?
';seeing that the cost was clear i strolled out from behind the pet store and walked';


Its coast not cost...other then that it was a great first chapter!
You must continue!!


Ahh I love it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment