Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can you change your boyfriend's mom's mind?

My boyfriend's mom is unbelievably controlling of him. He's 18 years old, and she always takes advantage of him, and makes him do things SHE should be doing, and she never gives him any credit or allows him to do the things he wants to do. She's so controlling, that she told him he's not allowed to move out in 2 years (when he's 20) to get an apartment and live with me while we go to college.


Anyways, my family takes an annual trip to Disney World during the holiday season. My boyfriend came with us last year, and we had so much fun. This year, his mom suddenly says he ';Can't go.';


She can't even give any reason why, she just said no.


Any ideas on what my boyfriend or I could do or say to change her mind? This trip really means alot to me.How can you change your boyfriend's mom's mind?
He needs to get out of that house as soon as he can support himself.How can you change your boyfriend's mom's mind?
The answer is always, ';you can't';. You can't ever change somebody else's mind. Not when they are controlling. You will just have to learn to have patience and deal with it. As long as he is under her care and support and living there, then that will be what you will need to deal with. I know you don't want to hear it, but that is the truth. And she doesn't NEED to give reasons.
He's 18. His mom can't stop him from leaving. And he needs to get out of that house soon, so his mom can realize he's not her ';wittle boyy'; anymore.
No offense but he's old enough to make decisions for himself. If her word is still gold after he's moved out of her house he's a loser and you should find someone with some balls. As far as the trip if I were him and she didn't give me a reason i'd just go or tell her that you bought tickets already because he went last year.
  • hair cutting
  • make money
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment