Friday, August 20, 2010

Have you ever had your significant other to tell you about yourself in a bad way?

Meaning have they just told you about yourself to the point where it hurt you to the core and afterwards you felt emotionless? All you could do is cry but no other feelings? Whether it was true or not what they said to you about yourself it still hurt you. They say nothing good about you but can come up with a millions things to say bad about you to your face. In their mind, that's how they feel about you but you yourself know that is just not true. You sit and listen and try to get a word in in your defense but to no avail. Two days later, you are still feeling indifferent towards the person. What do you do? Do you move on as if nothing was said or do you confront the person on the things he said that hurt? My thing is, I don't want to rehash things that he said because I just want to deal with it in my own way by just not having anything to say to him right now. It's like I don't even want to be with him right now. I just want to walk out and stay gone for awhile. This is how much the conversation has me thinking. Is it good for your mate to just always come straight out and tell you about yourself cause it can put some distance into the relationship. Who has gone thru this and how did u handle it?Have you ever had your significant other to tell you about yourself in a bad way?
unfortunately once something hurtful is said its hard to move past it. some people abuse u when they are angry, but once its said u can't take it back even if u show remorse. because it causes the other person to begin to feel bad about themselves. once u begin to feel badly about yourself and who u are, its pretty much over with that person because u realize he meant it and believed it.Have you ever had your significant other to tell you about yourself in a bad way?
There is a name for these kinds of people.


Narcissist.


You are in an abusive relationship.


Abuse always escalates. Emotional and Verbal abuse is how it STARTS.


This is conditioning you to allow him to treat you with disrepect.


Research key words.


Make an educated decision based on facts, not what you feel for him.
I went through too many years of this kind and along with other kinds of abuse. It took me too long to finally walk away! It was years ago, and it shattered my self esteem. I still find myself thinking why I even let their hurtful words touch my heart and mind.





Don't put up with it. Your better than that
If your significant other has only bad things to say about you,why are you with him?I would rather be with someone who builds me up instead of drag me down.Make your choice,stay and put up with it or go.Is he your judge,jury and hangman?You give him too much power honey.Seriously.
I would examine carefully the things he said for truth. If they are untrue I would question why he said such hurtful things to me, and if true, why he said them in such a hurtful way. Eventually, I would address it with him.
You should be more specific. You are basically anonymous on here, so details will be the only way to get some advice. I'd like to help, but you are making it difficult. Details please
Geez, drama drama drama!!!
Choose Christ Jesus as your savior.





Without him there is no life
I'm sorry that you are feeling so hurt right now. It's called emotional abuse, and it's wrong. No one should ever put someone down or say spiteful things to hurt someones feelings, especially the one who says they love you.


That being said, I think it's happened to almost everyone. People can be rude and ';crazy-like'; when they are upset..still it's no excuse.





You need to talk to him, explain how hurt you are, and that you just need some time to cope. If he truly sorry and sure that it will never happen again I would forgive and forget. If its's done on a day to day basis I would leave him. You deserve to be happy in life. Spouses are meant to compliment each other not drag each or tear each other down.


I would even consider couples counseling.
Every relationship that I've had has been the same way. Now I'm in a different kind of relationship were my bf always tells me before he says something about me that he is not jumping on me %26amp; I've


always been afraid to say anything for fear of them leaving me. Now it's a new kind of relationship %26amp; I love it. We have had a stormy start but, as long as we can talk things out we will be ok. Love really doesn't hurt. I'm able to say what I think %26amp; not be afraid that he will walk out on me. To thy own self be true. You are a beautiful person always remember that %26amp; it's his loss not yours.
I think that it is okay to take a few days to compose yourself and sort out your feelings towards the situation/person - but in the end you do need to say something to him. If you don't then it's just going to end up eating you up inside. It's best to say something sooner rather than later - if you let it go too long then he isn't going to know why you are so upset with him.


It is best to be honest in a relationship - and sometimes telling people the truth hurts, but there are nice ways to tell people the truth and then there are hurtful ways. Your partner has obviously decided to tell you things in a very hurtful manner and that's not a good thing.


You need to talk with him, not only about what he said but how he said it. You need to communicate that you like to hear the truth from him, but you wish that he could tell you in a different manner because you feel like you are being attacked.


In the end it is going to hurt you even more if you don't say something. No one should make you feel like this - especially not your significant other. Sometimes people don't realize how harsh they are being and need to be reminded. Take the time to really think about what is bothering you and what you want to say to him - then talk with him. You need to communicate how you are feeling, otherwise you are going to stay angry and you need to try to work things out so you can let it go.

No comments:

Post a Comment