Friday, August 20, 2010

How do you like my story so far?

I am only 12, so don't be TO harsh. But, give your honest opinion:




















I was sitting on my couch. It was 2 in the morning, and I couldn’t sleep. Well, who could when you have ‘nightmares’ about things coming to get revenge on you? Definitely not me.





I was startled by the doorbell. Who would be ringing my doorbell at this hour? I walked over to the window, pulled the certain away, and saw Ashley, Jake, and Ryan standing at my doorstep. I rolled my eyes as I walked to the door and quietly opened it. Ashley smiled.





“Ash, what the heck are you doing here at 2 in the morning?” I ran my fingers threw my already messed up hair.





“We couldn’t sleep. And apparently neither could you.” I moved out of the way as she and the boys came inside.





“Sure, come on in.” I said in a sarcastic tone. I closed the door, locked it, and went to sit on the couch again.





Ash, Jake, and Ryan have been my best friends ever since preschool. We all shared a table, so we instantly became friends. But, the thing that has brought us closer together, was one foggy morning in September of last year. That morning, school was canceled for storm warnings. So, naturally, I called up Ash, and they all came over to my house for the day. That was the day that changed our lives forever. While we were walking in the park, a car swerved out of control, and hit us. A bystander called 9-1-1 and we were rushed to the hospital. When we woke up, we all felt…different.





A couple days later, we were out of the hospital, when the doctor called us. We were sent to a special home for kids who needed help. There, we got scans done, and a bunch of tests. The doctor took us in one by one and told us that we weren’t like other people. He told us that we all had…supernatural gifts. So, that day, we found out that Ashley can read minds, I can see the future, Ryan can move things with his mind, and Jake can “track”. By track, I mean he is basically our own personal compass. He can find anyone anywhere, and he has a great sense of direction. The more he knows the person, the easier it is.








“Hey, I am going to go get some water, anyone want some?” I asked as I got off the couch and headed towards the kitchen. They all answered “Yes”. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed the water jug, and four glasses. I poured the water, and walked back into the living room. I gave a glass to everyone, then took my spot on the couch next to Jake.How do you like my story so far?
Instead of the doctor telling them they have powers, try having the doctor say there seems to be irregular brains scans, but since it doesn't seem to be hurting them, he releases them and wants to monitor them for a while. Let the kids discover their powers when things begin to happen in their lives. Don't give so much away at first. I'd love to read it.How do you like my story so far?
So far, I like this story. I'm usually intrigued by stories about the closeness of relationships. And the prose is very good.





Answer mine? Please %26amp; thank you.


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…





. . .
It's not bad, but it's not fantastic. Don't worry about it, practice makes perfect. Just keep writing.





Answer mine? http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?…
Im pretty sure i have read this before.
  • bacteria
  • feel the rain on your skin
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment