Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How can i still live with my mother without losing my mind

I’m starting to have an issue with my mother. I have never had problems with her growing up. I’m 18 and about to go to college and I have enough stress as it is. My mother was my best friend growing up I could always count on her. She “let me go” to do my own thing when I was in high school. She never spied on me or anything she always trust me. Nothing as changed but time and the fact my mom has lost her mind I have tried to do all I can to stay out of her way and I have even tried like nothing is wrong but enough is enough she finally told me today that she hated me and why I have no clue. Currently I’m not working because of me going to college and my job is where I go to college. So I have been cleaning and cleaning and making sure everything is taken care of at the house I have been able to still stay independent by paying my own bills and taking care of me, but my mom still finds the time to ***** and sit in her own room and cry about the way I treat her. The name calling is another thing I wish would stop calling your daughter a whore when she hasn’t been with a guy in over a year is a bit much. She also says I’m lazy and should lose a few more pounds if I ever hope to find a guy…this needs to stop and I don’t know what to do. I would love to move out but I don’t want to leave my dad alone with her either. He has told her both nicely and not so nicely to not act the way she does what should I do? How can i still live with my mother without losing my mind
your dad is a grown man he can take care of himself. for your sake and your mom's you need to move out. if you are going to college and working you are not lazy. I know that it is hard to do both. but you dont need to take that abuse from your mom at all. talk to her about the way you feel so that she gets a clue of what is coming her way.How can i still live with my mother without losing my mind
I have the same problems with my mom.


She's probably just having issues with your dad.


I mean, That's why my mom always flips out on me.
Maybe your mother is going through something that has nothing to do with you, but is taking it out on you. If you guys really had a good relationship you can again. If you can't talk to her without and argument, write your feelings down in a letter to her. Nobody should have to endure verbal abuse. Maybe she doesn't even know why she is acting like this. Communication (or lack of) is the root of a lot of problems.
Wow. What are hard situation. I must say that thus far it sounds like you have dealt with it better then I could.





Has she lost her mind in a literal sense? Does she suffer from some type of psychological disorder? Maybe you all could go into counseling. I think it would at least be worth the shot. If she has lost her mind literally. The way in which she reacts and goes off may be the only way her mind now knows how to express itself. Many people with psychological disorders do things that don't make sense, and that they later regret. I am sure your mom doesn't really hate you, and really doesn't think of you has an overwieght slut!


She is probably aggrevated and sad that the day is almost here in which you are really leaving and moving on with your life. She will miss you dearly and knows of no other way to express this.





I wish you the best of luck!! You have much strength and courage. Remember she is your mother!

No comments:

Post a Comment