Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you get someone out of your mind?

What if you have someone that you generally should NOT be thinking about on your mind a lot. How do you stop thinking about that person? The person is inevitably in my life, even though I only see him on average once a month, people in my everydday life bring him up in conversation. I used to have a non-serious thing with him, 4 years ago. Don't anymore. I was over it for a long time, and about a year ago I started having feelings resurface. Now this guy is not someone I should be thinking about or with. Lets just say it wasnt forbidden then, but is forbidden now. How do i get him out of my mind? I cant MOVE away or anything, and like i said these thoughts and dreams and feelings for him have been on and off for a year.....! I am attracted to him and yet I dislike him at the same time!





Weird I know. I guess my question is: How do you convince your mind to let go of something that wasn't meant to be?How do you get someone out of your mind?
Not that my answer is specific to your question, but I'm a guy and I have a similar issue. Not seeing or hearing about the girl for about 6 months made me totally forget her existence, and I was the one who ceased contact to try to rid myself of thought for her. Seeing her once in the flesh, like old times, set it off again. I think that if it is meant to be, it's meant to be. Unless you can never see or hear of this person again, you will never rid yourself of the thought. It's like we are programmed that way... the fact that you can't stop thinking about him *means* you want to be with him, and you are just denying that. Unless you can get past what is 'forbidden' and get back together, your thoughts for him will never cease for as long as he is present in your life. :)





Brett





Australia.
  • c++
  • mobility scooter
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment