Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do you get your mind to let go of someone? I need psychotherapY! ?

What if you have someone that you generally should NOT be thinking about on your mind a lot. How do you stop thinking about that person? The person is inevitably in my life, even though I only see him on average once a month, people in my everydday life bring him up in conversation. I used to have a non-serious thing with him, 4 years ago. Don't anymore. I was over it for a long time, and about a year ago I started having feelings resurface. Now this guy is not someone I should be thinking about or with. Lets just say it wasnt forbidden then, but is forbidden now. How do i get him out of my mind? I cant MOVE away or anything, and like i said these thoughts and dreams and feelings for him have been on and off for a year.....! I am attracted to him and yet I dislike him at the same time!





Weird I know. I guess my question is: How do you convince your mind to let go of something that wasn't meant to be?


How do you get your mind to let go of someone? I need psychotherapY! ?
Well there may be something about him that you like looks, way he makes you feel, or you miss him. Best to get a hobby or something to keep you thinking for sometime.How do you get your mind to let go of someone? I need psychotherapY! ?
I went through this for a while, and finally I did decided it was near impossible to completely rid myself of all the thoughts. I did realize, though, that it was when I could engross myself in something like playing piano, listening to music, or playing a sport (in my case basketball) I would be focused on that and not thinking about the person. Sadly for you everything is, as you put it, forbidden now, so there's not much hope there. I would say just keep yourself busy with as much stuff as you can, and become involved with as much stuff as you can. This will not only take your mind off him, but it will also help you meet new people, because, trust me, there's someone out there. How old are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment