Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you really move on from your ex?

Hi, me and my ex have broken up about 2 weeks ago.


2 days ago I initiated a no-contact (break in friendship) in order for me to try and get over her.





I know that nothing between us is going to work and we have too many problems to ever dispute but the thing is.... I cant stop thinking of trying to get back with her. I know it's unhealthy and deep down, it's not what I want, but I feel like I cant control my mind sometimes - it will just keep trying to think of ways to get back with her just because I miss her so much.





I'm not sure whether or not I miss her, or I just miss the companionship and having someone there for you.





Anyways, I know the best and the right thing to do is for me to accept that nothing is ever going to happen again between the both of us so that I can really start to move on. However, my mind fluctuates between these two thoughts and one minute I'll be thinking that I'm going to move on then the next I'll be thinking that I should call her and talk to her.





How do I really get it straight in my head that I'm never going to talk to her again (until at least I'm completely over her) and that nothing is ever going to materialise? Because I know that as long as I anticipate something I will not be able to get over her





ThanksHow do you really move on from your ex?
I think the answer is time. And sticking with the no contact. There is really no other answer. You can't control the heart. It sucks. A rebound girlfriend is a possibility and would help, but may not end up being fair to the other person. I would find ways to be really busy. Also set goals with a timeline. Like a goal could be not to talk to her for a week. Then on the week make a goal of another week. Don't give in. Seeing her or talking to her once can bring you to square one. Getting her out of your environment completely is the best choice. And whatever items of affection you, no matter how hard it is, get rid of them completely.....a month of that and you will feel better, maybe... sorry man. It's tough.
  • c++
  • make money
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment