Tuesday, August 10, 2010

How do I move on?

I was in a relationship with a guy for a year. Then we argued for one whole year. Now he's with another girl. While he is with this girl, he keeps on calling me. What am I to do? I still love him with all my heart but I hate how he just uses me..When he wants to talk, we talk. When he doesn't feel like talking, he pushes me away. I miss him so much. It's tearing me apart that he is with another girl and doing the same things we used to do. The usual remedies: move on, keep your mind busy..it doesn't work for me. I feel so lost.How do I move on?
The only answer is time. Whether it takes 10 minutes or 5 years to get over him, time is the only key. You might never really get over him, but you will eventually find somebody else that makes you just as happy or happier. Just focus on things you want to get done today or tomorrow, things you want to accomplish. Avoid all the songs that remind you of him. Avoid the major places if you can too. If he is just using you he is defiantly not worth any of your time. Try to stop thinking about him. And when your ready, open your arms to the other options out there. You may feel like there will never be anybody as great as him and the world of dating for you is over, but trust me..it is not.





Hope this helped.


- Ashley; xo





p.s. I never thought I was going to get over my ex, Craig.


Took me three years. Then I found my current boyfriend Andrew, and he has proved to be so much better then Craig. And I'm happier then ever.How do I move on?
keep him away!


i had one like this left him ASAP;)
loose complete contact with him.Harsh but over time if you loose all contact you will adabt not having him.
Get another


Or try moving away, physically.
you know its normal to miss someone you love very dearly, but you know whats wrong with you you are still stuck in the past making your life miserable while your ex on the other hand is having the best time of his life what im trying to say hes not worth it forget about it delete his number forget the memories as if he never existed in that way i think you can once again find your way
go out on a date... find another guy... it will help you forget him. if u just put yourself in a box and still think and long for him then you will just be crazy hoping things will get back the same way it used to be. he cheated on u once and that's what he is doing with his present girl now... now if u two get back together there is a high probability that he will cheat you again.





so i think it's better to get to know other guys, im sure there will be a lot of nice guys out there :D
Hmm in my personal opinion I think you and that guy should try and work something out. Something inside of me feels like he still loves you if he keeps calling you just to talk. He probably wont stay with this new girl for long anyways if he still talks to you. Trust me, I think something will eventually work out because the new girl that he is with isnt the same type of person he is.
Hi I been through same thing as you. I feel for you on this. It's easier said than done. Sounds like him calling you is not a fair thing because the contact will never give you room to heal. He may just be using you for phone companionship when he needs it. Whatever his reason is. Only way you're going to heal is get away from all memories. If he's calling you on cell, change your cell number. You definitely do need to move on and keep your mind busy. Even try to find another boyfriend. You may find someone more better than him and more attractive and one that will treat you so much better you will easily get over the old boyfriend. You have to try something or this can go on for years of pain. I couldn't handle that much pain.
DONT TALK TO HIM !! its nto fare thats hes leaving u hanging and using u as a second opsion .. dont let ur self get used in that way .. BE THE STRONG ONE push him away !! if he really wants u he will come for u !!
he's a d!ck head, he's using you as long as you let him he will time heals all wounds just go out with your friends and have fun
It's difficult to move on when you still have contact with him. Cut off communication, stop taking his calls. If everything was so great you wouldn't have argued for a year and wouldn't have broken up. Think about the bad times you had and why it ended, and think about how he is using you. Think about how you deserve better. Go out and socialize more and involve yourself in activities, date. Eventually you will get over him.
sweetie, it feels awful, I know, like the world's end, but you will be able to move on





the first and biggest step is to stop all contact. You have to resists the urge to answer the phone. If you can maintain no contact for a few weeks you can start to realize that he is gone and you will be better off - the last year of fighting should prove it to you that the relationship was not good for either one of you. You can be madly in love with a person who is absolutely wrong for you.





I hope you have single friends, go out with them. Get a kitten or a puppy, that is what made me pretty much get over the worst part after separating.





I dumped my bf of 8 years after I could no longer put up with the problems in the relationship. I wish I had ended it for good after the first year but I got back together with him again after a 2 year separation. It was all a waste of time and more heart ache. But it was terribly difficult to let go. I had to get a new cell phone, destroy all phone records, addresses so I could not contact him and he could not contact me.





Now it has been 3 years and some weeks go by and I don't think of him. Now I am greatful it ended as soon as it did. I have a life again and have been happy, sinlge, but happy...





all the best to you, I hope you will do the right thing and find a way away from this man
There's nothing to do but move on. You can let him have his cake and eat it too, but he's just gonna walk all over you. Time heals all wounds.
Ignore him, dont have contact with him again hes a real jerk and an a.s.s hole, trust me you will find someone soo much better than him who will accpericate u and not use u like he did.
It sounds to me like your letting him have his cake and eat it too.


Next time he calls don't be there for him, and if you keep on doing that maybe if it was meant to be he will leave the other girl but why should he now when he could have both of you it sounds like. I know it easier said than done believe me I know, but it is what should be done.
it sounds like he's probably moved on and wants to keep you as a friend. my ex always calls me to get ';girl advice'; but I think that he's moved on. I'm sorry to hear that you still love him. losing the one you love is the worst thing in the world
You need to deal with the hurt, realize that you're way better than this and tell this guy to bother somebody else. He's playing with you because he knows that he has this affect on you; as long as you allow this to happen, he will continue to do so. You already know the remedy ';move on';. Well, like it or not that is your only option. Do you want to spend the better part of your life feeling miserable as you are now? I bet the answer is no, so as stated before, deal with the hurt. Eventually, it will subside and you'll have more self-respect for it.
i know exactly how you feel except its my ex girlfriend. its hard but the best thing to do is just ignore them for a few days let them think you have given up and see what there reaction is
1. You were in love with someone who you didnt get along with for an entire year?


2. He keeps calling you because he wants his cake and he wants to eat it too





3. He pushes you away because you let him





How about you ignore his calls from now on for starters
The usual remedies don't work because you haven't tried them. You still take his calls. That is not moving on.





Sit down and make a list of all the things he has done to you. Then keep it by the phone, and when he rings, pick it up while reading the list and tell him to quit calling and hang up. Then have a good cry. Then get a job or two and stay busy. Your pocketbook will be full and you will be too tired to hang on the phone with him. And stop looking for men and let God introduce you to someone.
Don't talk to him at ALL.


If he really wants to be with you he will come.


Trust me I been in the same situation.
find someone better

No comments:

Post a Comment