Monday, August 16, 2010

How do you NICELY get your cousin/friend to move out of your apartment?

One of my cousins and he's friend were staying in my Crib for the past 5 months, while I was away. Now here's the problem, I don't mind my cousin staying coz he's family, but he's friend smokes(which I can't tolerate), and does some things I don't approve off. I also don't want to throw the friend out and let the cousin stay coz that makes me look bad.





So I've decided I want both of them out, anyways its a 2 bedroom apartment, so it wouldn't work with 2 other guys, especially when you have company over HAHAHA.





So give me a mature and responsible way to tell him or them, look I love you as a cousin and as a cousin's friend, but your time is up, and its time to get to steppin.








How do you NICELY get your cousin/friend to move out of your apartment?
Lemme guess. Black folks right? LOL





Haha, this is a very typical scenario. First of all, before you mention anything about moving out. Perhaps you should share with your cousin and his friend what you are sharing with YA. Tell them what bothers you....in your own house. Are they paying any rent? Chippin in for groceries? Suggest that they have a level of responsibility in your place, perhaps then they'd be more likely to respect it.





And if all else fails, I hate to say it. but when your family ain't doin you right, sometimes you have to show some tough love!!!!!!!!!


If they continually fail to do the right thing after you done already tol' them how it makes you feel...then ';pack your clothes and get gone.';





Sometimes all folks need is a little ';ultimatum';. Since they appear to have no level of respect for your house, they have no ultimatum. How do you NICELY get your cousin/friend to move out of your apartment?
Sit down with them and tell them, look fellows I need my own space. I was kind enough to allow this for 5 months, but now I need that space back.


I'm sure they will nudge you to bend the rules and make an exception, which is why you should be firm and direct in your delivery.
Get out!!!!





SteveC
Dag that sucks


My uncle stayed with us after his wife divorced him


((they were young...she was a pretty russian model and all this ninja did was play the d@mn piano all day))


anyway...


he didnt take no showers, this ninja ate up all the food, and he played that broke down keyboard ((his wife smashed in a key with a hammer lmao))...


so one day this ninja said i know all the hot spots where diddy hang out, im gon get famous...i was 11 so im thinkin wtf? well oh well this ninja gon leave...





haha


i knew d@mn well he wasn't gon get famous


and instead of goin back to our house


we sent him to our cousin house


and they were tryna ship him back to us after a week haha


i'd just leave a note if i was you


like get the f*ck out....okay nahh but sit him down and tell him it's time to leave the nest
Give them a timeline. Let them know that as much as you enjoyed having them you'd like a little more space but that you don't want to leave them with no where to go, so they have X-amount of days to pack up. Express your regrets for having to do this so they know it's not intended maliciously. If they take offense even if you being kind about it, that's their problem. They should express their appreciate for your generosity because this has been a very nice thing for you to do for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment