Monday, August 16, 2010

Listen to your heart or your mind?

to make a long story short me and my fiance have been together for 4 years, we have 2 daughters a 2 year old and a 3 month old.


1. he has cheated on me, and due to mommy issues he has extreme lack of respect for women (not that it is an excuse just some history). 2. He doesn't know how to express any emotion except for anger. and because of that i feel like he is constantly putting me down, he makes me feel totally worthless at times, he can be very hateful.


3. I love this man with all of my heart, but i mentally can not take any more of his yelling, cursing, and name calling. i have left him before and things were better for awhile, then when right back to the same ole stuff about 1 month later.


Currently, me and my daughters are staying at my fathers, and i am debating on whether i should move back in here with my dad. he is very aware of how i feel, and i feel like i deserve to be talked to with respect, not as if i am some stray dog rummaging through the trash. My heart is screaming ';grab the girls and go back'; but my mind is saying ';don't do it, he will never change';. I guess i really have 3 questions, 1. should i listen to my heart or my mind? 2. do you think that i am only feeling this controversy between my 2 body organs because i haven't given my self the chance to see how life would be without him (for more than two days)? 3. what would you do?Listen to your heart or your mind?
Let me ask you a question. Do you believe women who are killed in domestic violence that it was the first time the slightest bit of violence was acted out? It starts with impatience, then goes to yelling then goes to pushing, then goes to slapping, then goes to punching, then goes to kicking and then they get murdered. That is the anatomy of domestic violence. Ask yourself this. Would you want a man like your fiance to marry your daughters? I know the answer is no. Staying in an abusive relationship is good for no one, including your abusive bf. Dump him and do not go back. You are a mom and that is the main responsibility you have. If you need sex, self pleasure for a while. Everybody deserves to be treated better and there may be a prince just around the corner but if you are busy surviving with this loser, you may not see him. Your mind is right. Feelings are fickle and they change based on what you think. Choose to think that you deserve better for you and your kids. And please use birth control. New kids do not need to be brought into this train wreck.

No comments:

Post a Comment